1. Overview of Examination
- Restructed the examination system (from 35th~)
- National Institute for International Education (NIIED) administered the 21st to 34th examinations
- Change of administrator(Korea Institute for Curriculum and Evaluation (KICE) → National Institute for International Education (NIIED)administered
- Korea Institute for Curriculum and Evaluation (KICE) implemented the 3rd to 20th examinations
- Change of administrator(Korea Research Foundation → Korea Institute for Curriculum and Evaluation (KICE))
- Korea Research Foundation implemented the 1st to 2nd examinations
Objective of Examination
· Those learning Korean language and those with intentions to apply for local universities.
· Those with intention to join/work for domestic/overseas Korean companies and public organizations.
· Koreans who study or graduated overseas.
Usability of examination
· University admission and academic management of foreign Korean Government Scholars.
· Local university admission for foreigners and overseas Koreans who have completed 12 years of education abroad.
· Obtaining working visa for those who want to be employed at Korean companies, and serving as a standard for selecting and managing the employees.
· Recognizing domestic practitioner license for foreigners with medical doctor qualification.
· Application for Korean Language Teaching Qualification test (level 2 and 3) and acquisition of certificate.
· Acquisition of permanent residency right.
· Application for the issuance of marriage-based immigrant visa.
2.Examination Schedule and Timetable
|Entry Time By||Start||End|
|TOPIK I||1Period||Listening / Reading||By 09:20||10:00||11:40||100|
|TOPIK II||1Period||Listening / Writing||By 12:20||13:00||14:50||110|
TOPIK I will be carried out during the first slot only / Please ask your local agencies for overseas examination schedule and timetable