Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of these terms and conditions is to set forth the rights, obligations and responsibilities between the company and the members related to the use of book purchase services (collectively “Services”) through the website (http://www.hangeulpark.com/) provided by Hangeul Park Inc.(the company)
Article 2 (Validity and Amendment)
(1) The contents of these terms and conditions and changes of them take effect by posting on the online document of the company's homepage or using other ways.
(2)The Company reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions and the amendment of terms and conditions takes effect in the same way as the article (1).
(3) If the terms and conditions are changed, deleted or added, the company will post it on Announcements, one of the services, without delay.
Article 3 (Regulations not provided in these terms and conditions)
Any matters not provided in these terms and conditions shall be governed by applicable laws and regulations and the service guide.
Article 4 (Definitions)
The terms used herein shall have the following meaning.
(1) Services : the online information services, including free services and paid services, provided by the company.
(2) User : a person and a corporation that accept the user agreement in his/her/its real name or an organization equivalent to a corporation.
(3) Membership ID : a combination of letters and numbers chosen by a member, approved by and registered with the company, for the purposes of identification and the use of the services.
(4) Password : a combination of letters and numbers chosen and registered with the company by a member, to verify the member’s identity and protect the Member’s rights.
(5) Person in Charge of the Payment : As a general rule, a person in charge of the payment is a user who has an obligation to discharge a debt pursuant to the terms and conditions, such as the service fee of the company, etc.
(6) Termination : the declaration of intention that a company or a user terminates the user agreement after opening the service.
<Chapter 2. User Agreement and Use of Shopping Services>
Article 5 (Formation of a Shopping Service User Agreement and the Unit)
(1) The user agreement shall be formed upon the Company’s acceptance of an application for the use of shopping services, from a person who intends to use the shopping services.
(2) The user agreement shall be executed by the ID unit.
(3) If the massive use of the services or the special use of the services are needed, the company will provide them pursuant to the separate user agreement. If a group membership is needed pursuant to the policy of the company, the company will provide it pursuant to the basic agreement of the group membership.
(4) If a user signs up for a membership through the homepage of the company, the relevant information can be shared on the website managed by the company and be used for the purpose of the services.
Article 6 (Application)
(1) A person who intends to use the services can apply for the membership by submitting his/her personal information or using other application routes.
(2) An applicant should apply for the membership only in his/her/its real name. The company should have the consent of the user for the registration.
(3) If the company provides the services without the consent of the user, the company cannot charge a fee.
Article 7(Acceptance of an Application)
(1) If a person who intends to use the services pursuant to Article 6 does not have any impediment to job perfomances or techniques, the application will be handled on the first-come-first-served basis.
(2) When the company accepts the application, the company will notify the following matters.
① Membership ID
② The start day of the service usage
③ Matters about service usage fees, etc.
④ Matters about the user's right, the responsibility, the protection of rights and the like
⑤ Other matters that the company accepts to need
Article 8 (Rejection of an Application and Limit of an Application)
(1) The company refuses its acceptance of an application in any of the following cases
① If it is found that appilication is not made in real name
② If the application form is filled in with false contents
③ If the applicant does not pay a charge to the company and the like.
④ If the applicant is registered as a credit delinquent of the online services such as an online PC communication, an Internet service, etc. on the credit information collection agency pursuant to the use and protection of credit information act.
⑤ If the applicant applys with the purpose of the hinderance to the public peace and good order and the beautiful and fine custom
⑥ If it is difficult to accept the application because of the attributable reasons of the applicant
(2) The company limits its acceptance of an application in any of the following cases and refuses it until the cases are solved.
① If the facilities cannot afford
② If there is technical difficulty
(3) If the application is not accepted or limited pursuant to Article 1 or Article 2, the company will notify it to the applicant or the substitute. However, if it's impossible to notify it because of the reason the applicant has a responsibility such as negligence or misfeasance, etc., the company may not do it.
Article 9(No Change of Membership ID)
Even if the user wants to change his/her/its ID, once registered, it cannot be changed.
<Chapter 3. Provision of the Services and the Usage>
Article 10 (The Start Day of the Provision of the Services)
The start day of the provision of the services is set for the day the user and the company conclude a contract. As for the paid services, the day the user pays a charge is the start day, however, it varies in different payment options. Other details abides by what the terms and conditions of the services prescribe.
(1) Credit card payment : the commencement of the services begins promptly as soon as the contract of the services is made.
(2) Other payment options : the commencement of the services begins on the day the payment for the service usage is confirmed.
Article 11 (Service Hours)
(1) As a general rule, the service hours is 1 day, 24 hours unless there is any business issue or technical difficulty. However, the company set the available hours by the database, whose contents are determined by the company. The company notifies it on the service or follows in accordance with the public announcement.
(2) Despite the 1st clause of Article 11, the company may limit the day or hour that the company sets in need of a regular inspection and the like.
< Chapter 4. Obligation of the Contracting Parties >
Article 12 (Obligation of the Company)
(1)The company shall have obligation to support services stably and consistently in accordance with these terms and conditions except the cases fixed in Article 11 and the 1st clause of Article 16.
(2) The company should maintain the service facilities to always keep it operational. If the facilities malfunction or are destructed, the company should repair and restore them without delay.
(3) The comopany cannot reveal or provide the personal information of the user with respect to the service provision to any third party(any party other than the company) without the prior consent of the relevant individual, and it cannot be used for purposes other than service-related work.
However, the followings are the exceptions as set out below.
① if requested by the law enforcement or competent authority for the purpose of a criminal or other investigation pursuant to applicable laws and regulations
② if requested by Korea Internet Safety Commission
③ if the user is in default on the utilization fee and the like during the period set by the company and the company intends to provide it to a credit information business operator or Credit Information Collection Agency.
(4) If the company determines that the complaints and comments submitted by the members are reasonable, then the company shall address these concerns as soon as possible. However, if it's difficult to deal with them promptly, the company will notify the reason and the processing schedule to the user through the service, a phone call, or a written form, etc.
(5) The company shall exert its best efforts to provide the user's convenience with respect to the contract-related procedure of the user and its contents such as the acceptance of the user agreement, the changes and cancellation in the contract, etc.
Article 13 (Obligation of the User)
(1) The user should pay a fee set by these terms and conditions and the like for the use of the services until a designated date.
(2) The user should comply with these terms and conditions and all relevant laws and regulations, and must not cause troubles to other tasks of the company.
(3) In the event of any change in the information provided when applying for the membership, the user must immediately notify it to the company through the service or the phone call, etc.
(4) The user must not copy, reproduce, alter, translate the information obtained from the serivces and provide it to any third party without the consent of the company.
(5) The user cannot do any sales activities using the services unless the company gives its consent to the user's request.
(6) The company may remove any content posted on the website or take any action (such as, placing restrictions on the use of all or certain services, etc.) against the person who posted the content, in the following case, provided.
(7) The user should comply with these terms and conditions and all relevant laws and regulations, and must not cause troubles to other tasks of the company.
① the action whose purpose is a criminal act or abet a criminal act.
② the action whose purpose is to perform antinational activities.
③ the action which harms morality and other public orders.
④ the action which ruins someone's reputation and put someone at a disadvantage.
⑤ the hacking which causes the malfunction of communication facilities or destroys information and the like. And spreading computer viruses and the like.
⑥ the infringement of intellectual property rights of other users or the third paries.
⑦ the action that transmits commercial information against the recipient's intent. And transmitting a large amount of data and postings that harms the stable operation of the services. And the action that is agaisnt the other sound use of the services.
Article 14 (Responsibilities of Using the Services)
(1) Each user shall use the services under his/her/its responsibility and take the responsibility for any and all damages and losses arising out of choosing service data or using the services.
(2) Each user shall take the responsibility with respect to posting or transmitting data by using the services.
(3) Each user shall take the responsibility for any negligence arising out of managing a member’s ID and password and being careless when using them, and for a wrongful use by a third party, etc. However, in the event of gross negligence of the management by the company, the user shall not take the responsibility.
(4) If Article 13 or the 1st clause of Article 17 applies to the user who pays in advance and the use of the services is limited, the fee during the restriction period will not be refunded.
Article 15 (Prohibition of the Disposition, etc.)
The user may in no event assign, lend, or give the right of the service usage to a third party and cannot use it with the purpose of the right of pledge.
<Chapter 5. Restriction and Cessation of the Service Usage>
Article 16 (Restriction and Cessation of the Services)
(1) The company may restrict or cease all or part of the services if it is unable to provide the services due to wartime, a war, a natual disaster, a state of national emergency equivalent to a cataclysm (or a concern related it), and a cessation of the telecommunication service by key telecommunications service provider pursuant to The Telecommunications Business Act.
(2) If the company restricts or ceases all or part of the services pursuant to Article 1, the company will notify the user without delay.
Article 17 (Restriction of the Service Usage and the Procedure)
(1) The company may restrict or cease all or part of the services in any of the following cases.
① if the user does not fulfill obligation of the user provided in Article 13
② if the appilication is not made in real name or if the application form is filled in with false contents and the user gets the acceptance of the application.
③ if the user uses a member ID of a third party falsely.
④ if the user is found to violate a telecommunication-related act, etc.
⑤ if Korea Internet Safety Commission imposes sanctions pursuant to the ethic deliberation.
Article 18 (Posting Restriction of the User)
If any content within the services posted or registered by the user conforms to the following cases, the company may without prior notice remove the content.
(1) if the user slanders the company, the other user, or a third party, or brings disgrace by defamation.
(2) if the content offends pubic and the beautiful and fine custom
(3) if it is acknowledged that the content is connected to any criminal act.
(4) if the content violates the right of the company or of a third party, and the like
(5) if the content violates other related acts or regulation set by the company
<Chapter 6. Cancellation and Alteration of the Paid Services and the Like>
Article 19 (Alteration on Information of the Application)
(1) If the user intends to alter information of the application based on Article 6, the user can apply by an e-mail, a phone call, etc. within 3 days after the registration.
(2) The difference, which can be made when the user alters information of the application pursuant to the 1st clause, shall be compensated through the extended period or the shortened period .
Article 20 (Cancellation on Information of the Application)
(1) The user who pays in advance intends to cancel the application, the user can cancel it by specifying the reason for cancellation personally through an e-mail, a phone call, etc.
Article 21 (Cancellation of the Paid Services)
(1) If the user intends to cancel the contract of the services, the user must apply to the company personally through the services, a phone call, etc.
(2) The user must pay the fixed amount of money no later than 1 day after the the date of contract, otherwise the contract will be terminated.
(3) The company may cancel the contract when the user violates matters related to the restriction of the service usage provided in Article 17 and does not resolve the reason of the restriction within fixed hours, or the user does not set forth his/her views without reason.
(4) The user whose membership is canceled pursuant to the 2nd clause and the 3rd clause may be restricted to rejoin for a certain period of time.
<Chapter 7. The Fee of the Paid Internet Services, etc.>
Article 22 (Classification of the Charge)
(1) The classification of the charge the user pays with respect to the use of the services conforms to the terms and conditions classified by the service.
(2) The details - applicable standards, charges, etc. which are not provided in the 1st clause in terms of the charge - shall be set by the company, then posted on a noticeboard or conformed to a content posted separately.
Article 23 (Charge Payer and Payment on the Charge and the Like)
(1) The charge payer is provided as the user. However, if the company accepts a minor and the like, a legal representative or a third party can be designated as a charge payer.
(2) The charge payer pursuant to the evidence provision provided in the 1st clause has a joint responsibility of all financial liabilities, such as the charge that the user must pay the company and the like, with the user.
Article 24 (Payment Method and the Due Date)
(1) The payment of all the services makes it a rule to pay in advance.
(2) All the responsible charge payers must pay a charge and the like within a day after the the date of contract.
Article 25 (Remission and Discount of the Charge and the Like)
(1) The company may give a remission and discount of the charge according to the terms and the conditions classified by the service.
Article 26 (Refund of the Charge and the Like)
(1) If the there is a payment in excess or a mistaken payment of the charge and the like, instead of the refund of the payment, The company shall extend the period of the service on the corresponding amount after getting the consent of the user.
<Chapter 8. Compensation for Damages of the Paid Internet Services and the Like>
Article 27 (Compensation for Damages)
(1) If the user are not able to use the services due to the attributable reasons of the company, in terms of the cessation hours of the service provision for 48 hours or more unceasingly since the time the user notifies the company of the fact or the company recognizes the fact or may possibly recognize the fact, the company reimburses three times the amount, which is computed by muliplying an average of a basic daily charge in the last 3 months (in case of less than 3 months, that period shall be applied) by the number that is computed by dividing the cessation hours by 24.
In this case, if the broken number is less than 1 hour, the calculated number will be 1 hour.
(2) The company will not recompense for damages in the following cases.
① if there is an act of God such as wartime, a war, a natual disaster, a state of national emergency equivalent to a cataclysm.
② if the user has a responsibility for the damages such as negligence or misfeasance, etc.
③ if the damages are caused by the telecommunication service disruption provided by a key telecommunications service provider pursuant to The Telecommunications Business Act.
Article 28 (A Claim for Damages)
(1) A claim for damages to the company must be sumbitted in writing that includes a reason of a claim, a price of a claim and a basis of calculation.
(2) As for a claim for damages provided in Article 28, if a person do not exerts no later than 3 months after the date a reason of a claim occurs, the right of the claim will be subject to lapse. This applies also to 1 year after the date a reason of a claim occurs.
Article 29 (A Claim for Damages for the User)
(1) If the user violates requirements provided in Article 13 and causes damages to the company, the company can deamnd the damages against the user.
(2) In the case of the procedure of the case that the company demands the damages against the user, the terms of Article 26 shall apply mutatis mutandis.
<Chapter 9. Exemption Provisions of the Company>
Article 30 (Exemption Provisions of the Company)
(1) The company shall not be liable for not getting expected benefit from the provision of the services of the company, or for any disadvantage that has arisen from a selection or a use of the service materials.
(2) The company shall not be liable for any disruption or other interruption in the use of the services that has arisen for a reason attributable to the users.
(3) The company shall not be liable for any datas that the user posts or transmit.
<Chapter 10. Provision of the Information>
Article 31 (Provision of the Information>
The company shall provide various information which is admissible for the user to need when using the services by an email, a letter, etc.
Article 32 (Amendment and Addition of the Services)
The company shall add, alter and delete the contents of the services if it is deemed necessary to do so, and if it causes any additional matters to notify the user, the company shall notify of such matters.
Article 33 (Intellectual Property)
(1) Each Member shall be responsible and have a right for the data posted by the member and the company cannot use such data without the consent of the user. However, in the case of a non-profit object, such data can be posted within the services.
(2) Without the consent of the user, the company cannot modify, lend, distribute, produce, transfer, re-license, establish a security right, use commercially and the like with respect to part or all of data, services, software, trademark, etc. that the company holds intellectual property for.
<Chapter 11. Protection of Personal Information>
Article 34. (Protection of Personal Information)
<Chapter 12. Competent Court>
Article 35 (Competent Court)
Any dispute arising from the services shall be submitted to the competent court having jurisdiction over the place where the head office of the company is located.
<Addendum (Effective Date)>
These terms and conditions shall become effective as of June 19, 2004.